Without a doubt, this is my preferred vehicle for guacamole and sour cream. The burritos call for a layer of seasoned dirty rice (recipe below).
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce, or to taste
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
In a saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat, fry the green onions in the oil for 1 minute.
Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute longer.
Stir in the rice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasoning mix. Heat through.
Seven Layer Burritos
- 1 package of 12 inch burrito soft tortillas
- 1 can of refried beans with lard (thinned with 1 1/2 teaspoons water)
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Mexican dirty rice
- Sour cream
In each tortilla, layer beans, dirty rice, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes and roll up.