180 Grand Ave, Burwell, Nebraska, 68823
About The Hub
The Hub, or Burwell's Modern Cash Department Store, was built in 1906 by H.J. Coffin. The building was intended to be at the center of commercial activity for Burwell and the surrounding area. Mr. Coffin's great-grandson and his wife moved back to the Burwell area in 2005 to revive the HUB building. The HUB now features gourmet ice cream, coffee, and old-fashioned soda fountain drinks.